At Bright Comets Day Nursery we ensure that the safety and welfare of the children in our care is our top priority. Because of this we ensure that each employee undergoes a vetting process which deems them suitable to look after children. This includes an enhanced DBS and 3 satisfactory references from previous employees.
In addition to the management team we also have 16 full time members of staff employed at Bright Comets Day Nursery.
Out of these,
- 9 members of staff hold a relevant level 3 qualification in Childcare
- 4 members of staff hold a relevant level 2 qualification in childcare and are currently undertaking the level 3 qualification (All due to complete this by September 2018)
- 1 member of staff hold a relevant level 2 qualification in childcare
- 2 members of staff hold no qualifications but do have parental and nursery experience.
As well as the Early Years qualifications every member of staff employed by Bright Comets Day Nursery is required to undertake mandatory training such as:
- Safeguarding Children
- Paediatric First Aid
- Behaviour Management
- Food Safety
- Manual Handling
- Fire Awareness
- Prevent Duty
- Early Years
- Foundation Stage Training
In addition to the above we also have a qualified cook who has undertaken Level 3 food safety training and is able to prepare well balanced, health and nutritious meals for children. Along with 2 lunch cover assistants and 4 part time members of staff who cover during staff absences.